A clinic covering, in depth, all aspects of a farrier's work.
o How do you maximize your business
o How can you improve and become the best farrier possible?
- This clinic will give you the necessary tools to openly and effectively communicate with the horse, the owner, and, if necessary, the vet.
- Learn how to demonstrate a dedication and ability to do everything possible to benefit the horses you work with.
- Study strategies you can implement immediately to maximize your business.
- Discover ways to control behavior without restrains and how to recognize and manage a horse's natural energy level and defense mechanisms.
- An open forum will discuss ways to improve communication skills with owner and vets.
- Understand the importance of continuing education.
The clinic will also have a forging demonstration that addresses effective shoe shaping and examine the benefits of using a forge.
This clinic will be taught by Certified Journeymen Farrier, Riley Henson, from Bloomfield, NM, Riley has worked at a farrier for over 30 years. He has shoed everything from race horses and Grand Prix dressage horses to roping horses and Shetland ponies. He works closely with veterinarians and trainers in multiple disiplines. His philosophy is that you will never stop learning if you are willing to listen to your horse. Riley believes that when we, as humans are willing to communicate with each other , our horses have a better life.
To reserve a spot or for more information please call Daniela at 970-270-9752 or send a pm.