I am hosting one of my most exciting dinners, a beer matching at Otto.
Will Cowper, head chef at the renowned Otto Ristaurante, Brisbane, has been let loose to create a five course modern Italian degustation to which I will pair some of the most interesting contemporary Australian craft beers. I will be featuring beers from Wildflower Brewing & Blending, La Sirène Brewing, Bridge Road Brewers and Revel Brewing Co. Bulimba.
With Will's focus on the best seasonal produce, the menu won't be finalised until closer to the event but the working menu looks like this:
- Baccala, lime mayo
- Beer battered potato scallop, hop salt
- Marsala cracker, yellow fin tuna, charred eggplant, horseradish
- Raw thinly sliced Kingfish, orange, fennel, finger lime, chilli, lemon
- Blue cheese and parmesan custard, figs, wagyu bresaola, breadcrumbs, saba
- Roasted potato gnocchi, braised rabbit, kale, gremolata
- Gooralie pork cheek, maltose crackling, charred onions, pomegranates, pistachio
- Honey ‘nougat’ semi freddo, beer granita