“Leipung” is a mound found on roads in localities over which young and old sit and discuss matters of local, national and personal interest. It is the Manipuri version of what is known to us as an 'adda'.
Leipung is a platform for exploring the art of storytelling in different formats and connecting people through the art. Select performers will be invited to join Octave Foundation productions.
The theme for April is that your 5-minute piece MUST BE on VOICE.
IMP: Please write your name in the e-mail. Sub of the mail should be Leipung Apr'18. All requirement FAQ answers lies in the laid down rules.
Incomplete entries will not be entertained.
Registration closes on April 13, 2018.
1. You can perform one piece for a maximum of 5 minutes. Your time starts the moment you come to the microphone; any introduction or preamble is part of your time slot.
2. Only solo or duo performances; no groups please. However, number of musicians can be considered with prior information.
3. Work performed can be in any of the languages used in the National Capital Region.
4. When the moderator tells you your time is up, please leave the microphone immediately.
5. Genres: No restriction. Fiction, folktales, autobiography, it’s all good. Different formats: Narration, theatrical performance, mime, magic, stand-up comedy, music, etc are perfectly fine.
6. Prohibited: Foul language, explicit sexual imagery, slander, anything that flouts the laws of India.
7. No nudity. Yes, you can use costumes and make-up if you like.
8. There will be up to 15 slots of up to 5 minutes each.
9. To get a slot, simply e-mail the moderator at email@example.com with a video recording of 5 mins or with the script of the performance. Selection will be based on the quality of content. On selection, you will get a confirmation mail by April 13,2018. We do not accept any entry which do not comply to the registration rules.
THOSE WHO DO NOT TURN UP AT THE EVENT AFTER THEIR SLOT BEING CONFIRMED, WITHOUT INFORMING US, WILL NOT BE GIVEN SLOTS FOR THE NEXT 3 EPISODES
10. Please show the text of what you plan to perform to the moderator, and/or describe your performance. This is not about censorship; it is to guard against infringement of the rules.
Registration mandatory only performers. FREE ENTRY for the audience.
About Octave Foundation: www.octavefoundation.org
Stay updated about our events:
Facebook: Octave Foundation, Wari