Join fellow Teaching Artists for fun and frivolity on Monday, April 9 from 6 - 8pm at Pajaro Valley Arts in Watsonville.
This evening will be a Salon style sharing format, where we will hear from several of our community's teaching artists about their arts programs and practices. Bill Thompson will be sharing a coding activity and brainstorming arts applications. Fred Mindlin will share storytelling and string figures.
If you want to share something about your work as a teaching artist, your artist practice, or lead a discussion around a arts-related problem you are working on, please let us know your topic and how much time you might need.
Teaching Artist Gatherings are aimed at creating connections between artists, teaching artists, educators, and those who are interested in the roles artists play in educating youth. Our goals include:
• Building professional capacity through development opportunities;
• Growing personal and professional communities for teaching artists;
• Sharing a common arts education language;
• Defining expectation for Arts Council SPECTRA residencies;
• Engaging in dialogue around challenges and successes in our arts education activities;
• Experiencing the fun, joy, inspiration, and excitement that comes with this work.
Bring a yummy dish or beverage to share, and your sparkling personality!