Glad to invite you!
NEW LIB - NEW CHALLENGES FOR PUBLIC LIBRARIES
Design thinking for libraries innovation
Fondazione Stelline | Corso Magenta 61, Milano
Sala Porta | 1st Floor
To present the results of the European project NEW LIB-NEW CHALLENGE FOR PUBLIC LIBRARIES, selected
in 2016 within Creative Europe-Culture Sub-Programme 2014-2020.
- 5 European mixed teams which include librarians, young designers and “reporters” present the prototypes of 5 new services in 5 libraries, co-designed with the active involvement of citizens
(library users and non-users).
- NewLib project partners and teams discuss the results of the co-design process and evaluate:
_ benefits of the application of the ‘Design Thinking Methodology” in terms of Capacity building, Active citizenship and Audience development;
_ results of cooperation between librarians, designers and reporters as an example of Cross-fertilization with the creative sector.
FURTHER FOCUS ON
- Design thinking for libraries as a tool for active citizenship and for audience development;
- The Library as a Community Hub;
- European libraries network for Design Thinking, innovation and citizens’ participation;
- MOOC (Massive Open on Line Courses) for Design Thinking learning;
- Dissemination results, lection learned and spill over.
| SAVE THE DATE |
April 17th 2018 from 2.30 p.m. to 6.30 p.m.
Check website www.newlib.eu and follow us on social networks.