Staff retention and staff development are vital to the success of ICT organisations – especially in the current environment of rapid technological change. Assuring the pipeline of future ICT human capital is critical, and there are clear indicators pointing to future skills needs capability.
Skills Framework for the Information Age (SFIA) affords a broad range of business benefits achieved through the use off a consistent definition of professional ICT skills. These include:
* Consistent job descriptions providing clarity of expectation;
* Providing clarity to career pathways and developing an understanding of skills mobility across the business;
* Enhanced alignment of skills (via people) to job roles;
* Greater fit matching people to specific job roles; and
* Optimal skills utilisation, mobility and project capability via people and job roles being assigned to new work teams.
This masterclass covers:
* Introduction to SFIA
* How to navigate through SFIA
* How ACS utilises SFIA through its products and services
* Current skills and emerging skills – ACS White Paper Common ICT Profiles
* mySFIA - how to undertake a self-assessment, identify career pathways, develop a career profile
* ACS Professional Development opportunities, how to identify the right event using SFIA
* Expected changes to SFIA with Version 7 release in 2018