Volunteer Week! FREE Webinar Series
To celebrate volunteer week we will be uploading five FREE webinars to the Volunteer Hub (www.peaceriver.ca/volunteer). All webinars will be accessible for the month of April. One webinar will be published each day at 8:30am through out Volunteer Week (April 16 - 20, 2018).
Monday, April 16: Everyone is Welcome! 5 Ways to Expand Your Audience.
Organizations always want to expand their audience and one of the ways to do that is to consider how you can be more accessible. Universal design principals can be applied to many areas – physical spaces, programming, volunteer engagement, etc – creating a more welcome and inclusive environment for everyone. Becoming accessible is an ongoing process. Watch this webinar to learn about low cost/ no cost ways that you, as a presenter, can implement immediately to create communications, programming and physical spaces that will better serve all audience members.
Tuesday, April 17: Creating Effective Boards.
This one hour webinar provides proven methods to deal with common issues experienced by many non-profit boards. Participants will come away with very practical tools and step by step instructions on how to kick start the board development process and create an effective, self-renewing board. Topics to be covered include:
1. Board Self Evaluation
2. Board Roles and Responsibilities
3. Barriers to Board Effectiveness
4. The Board Development Process
5. Succession Planning
6. Board Committees
Wednesday, April 18: Facebook for Arts Organizations.
Facebook is still one of the best ways to reach an active arts consumer, with the average age of a Facebook user continuing to rise. This webinar will cover:
1. Who is on Facebook
2. How to set up a Facebook page, assign page roles and who should be monitoring visitor posts, comments and messages
3. Free software to optimize effectiveness of images
4. Cheat sheet on image sizes
5. Different types of posts – videos, carousel ads, paid ads, boosted posts, events
6. Organic vs. paid reach
7. How to use Facebook insights
8. Best practices of other arts organizations
Thursday, April 19: How to Set Up an Email Marketing Program.
Email is still the most cost-effective, targeted way to reach your target market. This webinar will cover:
1. How to build up your email list
2. How and why to offer list segmentation
3. Introduction to CASL
4. Samples of free and freemium programs including Mail Chimp, 5. Constant Contact and Cakemail
6. Examples from leaders in the North American performing arts industry
7. A/B testing what stats to monitor including mobile vs. desktop, open rates, clicks, optimum time for sending, etc.
Friday, April 20: Marketing Plan Basics.
Planning can be a real challenge in smaller or volunteer-led organizations. However, a plan created and revisited once per year can help your messaging stay on track and is the number one tool to help you reach more customers and save money.
This webinar will include:
1. The steps to create a marketing plan including research, strategic decisions, integrated marketing communications, and measurement
2. Sample metrics for different types of topics including events, public relations, social media
3. The five why’s and the questions to ask yourself every year
4. Sample templates
5. Examples of effective marketing plans