One of the largest volunteer events held in Chinatown every year, over 170 volunteers helped clean Chinatown in 2017. This is a great event for families, students, large groups, clubs, and other organizations.
- Removing stickers and flyers
- Educating the public on proper waste disposal
- Reporting potholes, graffiti, and illegal dumping to Philly 311
- Civic engagement
How to register to volunteer:
1) Click on link: http://www.psc.philadelphiastreets.com/
2) Click on "Philly Spring Cleanup 2018"
3) Click on "Register" (on right hand side)
4) Once registered, go back to http://www.psc.philadelphiastreets.com/
5) Log in
6) Click on "Volunteer for a Project"
7) Under 'neighborhood', select "Center City"
8) Scroll down until you see "Project Name: Chinatown Spring Cleanup"
We are also looking for block captains! Block captains are in charge of groups of 6-8 people. Block captains are in charge of overlooking their respective group members, distributing equipment, labeling garbage bins into trash/recyclable/yard waste, and being the point of contact. Those interested in being block captains can contact Lzhang@chinatown-pcdc.org or 215-922-2156.