Sign up through my website at www.pinnaclefirearmsar.com
The AR Enhanced CHCL (E-CHCL) is an endorsement to the standard AR-CHCL. YOU MUST HAVE YOUR STANDARD AR-CHCL TO BE ABLE TO RECEIVE YOUR AR E-CHCL ENDORSEMENT.
Cost of the class is $100.00
WHAT THE E-CHCL ENDORSMENT DOES:
The AR E-CHCL gives the Licensee the ability to carry and possess a concealed handgun in more locations than the standard AR CHCL. Possession of a valid AR E-CHCL enables the holder to possess and carry a concealed handgun in the following locations:
• Publicly owned buildings and facilities
• State Capitol grounds and the State Capitol Building
• Any meeting place of the governing body of any governmental entity
• Any meeting place of the General Assembly or a committee of the General Assembly
• Any state office
• Athletic events
• A portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises
• A portion of an establishment where beer or light wine is consumed on the premises
• Inside the passenger terminal of an airport
• Any church or other place of worship
• Any place where a parade or demonstration requiring a permit is being held, even when the licensee is a participant in the parade or demonstration.
• The buildings and grounds of a public university, college, or community college.
There are still places that are prohibited even for an AR E-CHCL holder. You will learn about these in class.
Once you have satisfactorily completed the AR E-CHCL class, you may upgrade your Standard AR CHCL by submitting a properly completed AR E-CHCL training form and the license replacement fees to the ASP licensing division. The replacement fee paid to the ASP is IN ADDITION to the class fee. The ASP fee (subject to change) is currently $15 ($7.50 for 65 and older).
Each student will need to bring the following to class:
1.. Notepad and pen/pencil
2. Firearm (cased and unloaded)
3. A minimum of 2 Magazines (for semi-automatic pistols) or-
4. A speed loader for revolvers
5. Eye and Ear Protection
6. A minimum of 150 rounds of new factory ammunition
A student who successfully completes the AR E-CHCL should be much better prepared to carry a concealed Firearm responsibly and effectively while following AR law.
The Classroom portion will cover the AR E-CHCL laws. This will include but not be limited to:
1. Explaining the law
2. Prohibited Places
3. Self-Defense under AR Law
4. Techniques for Weapon Retention
5. General Liability
6. Emergent Situations in Public Locations (ex; Active Shooter)
7. Campus Carry
8. Non-Violent Dispute Resolution
9. CHCL Rules
FOR THE LIVE-FIRE QUALIFICATION:
1. All shooting is from the “ready position” – firearm already drawn from the holster and ready to fire.
2. The shooter must clear or work through any malfunction.
3. The shooter should reload when necessary.
4. Only exercises are timed. Reloads and time between exercises are not timed and do not count against the shooter’s score.
5. If rounds are held (not fired within the allotted time) they will be counted as misses
LIVE-FIRE QUALIFICATION COURSE:
(1) Stage 1: 3 yard line – 20 Rounds
(A) 5 shots fired in a “one shot exercise” – 2 seconds allowed for each shot;
(B) 10 shots fired in a “two shot exercise” – 3 seconds allowed for each 2 shot sequence;
(C) 5 shots fired in 10 seconds;
(2) Stage 2: 7 yard line 20 rounds
(A) 5 shots fired in 10 seconds
(B) 5 shots fired in 2 stages:
(i) 2 shots fired in 4 seconds;
(ii) 3 shots fired in 6 seconds;
(C) 5 shots fired in a “one shot exercise” – 3 seconds allowed for each shot;
(D) 5 shots fired in 15 seconds;
(3) Stage 3: 15 yard line – 10 rounds
(A) 5 shots fired in 2 stages:
(i) 2 shots fired in 6 seconds;
(ii) 3 shots fired in 9 seconds;
(B) 5 shots fired in 15 seconds;
(4) All shooting is from the “ready” position;
(5) The target utilized will be a B-27 target. The shooter will be scored “hit” or “miss.” A successful hit will be scored if the round fired cuts the line of the 7 ring or is within the 7 ring of the B-27 target.
Live fire is a total of 50 rounds and you must have at least 35 "hits" within the "7" ring on the B-27 target.
The ”7” ring on the target is approximately 16” X23”.