QUIC in collaboration with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) is hosting tax clinics to support international students in preparing income tax and benefit returns. These clinics will be hosted by student volunteers, able to support filing for international students who have a modest income and a simple** tax situation.
The Tax Clinic will run from March 27 to April 19, every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, 9-12 and 1-4, by appointment only.
To make an appointment request email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please provide us with your contact phone number in your request email.
At Your Pre-Booked Appointments you will need to BRING:
• Your Social Insurance Number (SIN) or Individual Tax Number (ITN)
• Immigration documentation with your date of entry into Canada if you arrived in 2017.
• A copy of last year’s Income Tax Return or your Canada Revenue Agency’s Notice of Assessment (usually received in July 2017).
• Any ‘T’ slips received for 2017 income (e.g. T4, T4A, T5. etc.).
• Any other notices or letters received from Canada Revenue Agency.
• A record of any cash income you received.
• The total of your world income before you came to Canada from all sources in 2017 in Canadian Dollars.
• T2202A – can be obtained from SOLUS.
• Rent receipts for 2017.
• Banking information for direct deposit (transit number)
• Bring a USB to save your return as a PDF file.
**We are not able to help those who are self-employed or have business income.
Tax help will be limited to families with the following income levels:
1 Adult—earned less than $30,000; 2 Adults—earned less than $35, 000