Friends of elephants in association with Darter Photography and FEED present Photo Contest & exhibition
We as Friends of Elephants, Celebrate our 50th event (since April 2014) on 29th April 2018, and to mark this conservation journey for elephants, co-species and their landscapes, weinvite interested photographers to submit their entries FOR A PHOTO CONTEST AND EXHIBITION on or before 14th of April 2018.
1. Macro: Close up images of elements
in natural world
2. Abstract: Conceptual images from
3. Landscape: Images defining
dramatic beauty of natural landscapes
4. Wildlife Portrait: Images of wildlife
with their natural habitat
Entry Fee: No entry Fee
Close Date: April 14, 2018
Grand Prize: A photography tour to Agumbe- sponsored by Darter Photography
First Place: Two vouchers worth
Rs.5, 000 that can be utilized towards any of Darter Photography events
2nd place: Cash Prize 4,000 rupees
(sponsored by FEED)
3rd Place: Cash Prize 1,000 Rupees
(Sponsored by FEED)
50 selected photographs (including the prize winners) will be displayed in an exhibition on 50th event of Friends of Elephants on 29th April 2018.
Rules and Regulations:
1. Images should be of 200 Dpi (min) to 300 Dpi (max). Image resolution should be 2682 pixels on longer side and in any of the following format, JPEG, TIFF, camera RAW or NEFT.
2. Images should be captured by the participant and should hold the copyrights to the images. All images should be captured in India and its wilderness
3. Each participant can submit maximum three images. (Including all categories or a single category).
4. Images to be sent with Date, time, description and location of capture. Image
description should not exceed more than 25 words to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Camera-trap, remote-triggered images are not eligible for the contest & exhibition. Images from animals in captivity, bird nest with or without eggs, will not be eligible. We show zero tolerance for unethical photography practices that put the subjects at risk.
6. Basic level post production is allowed for colour, contrast and tone correction provided the image is not exaggerated.
7. Judges will look for originality, technical quality, subject matter, aesthetics, rarity, mood and action.
8. No personal queries will be entertained before or after submitting your images till the results are announced. The communications will be strictly restricted to emails.