Situated at the junction of the Aravalli and Vindhya hill range, Ranthambore National Park is one of the best Tiger Reserves of the country. The park covers an area of Approximately 400 sq Km. The forest was declared a wildlife sanctuary in 1957. Project Tiger was initiated in the year 1974 and finally it was declared a National Park in 1981. The moment you step in Sawai Madhopur, you start getting the feel of the ancient times. The Ranthambore fort, after which the park is named, carries you to the ages of the Maharajas. Ruins of the bygone years scattered all over the forest, keeps reminding you of a mixed flavour of nature, history and wildlife. Tigers at Ranthambore are fearless. They are known to even hunt in full view of human visitors. Amazing Rajasthani food, ruins of history, a dry rocky forest, the unique kind of jeep or canter safaris and the wild encounters - everything makes Ranthambore different from others.
Scheduled dates: 27th June – 30th June2018 (3 nights 4 days)
Arrive at Sawai Madhopur Station. Our representative will be ready to pick you up from the station. Those who are travelling by air, nearest airport is at Jaipur, which is approx 162 km and can be covered in 3 hours. Innova or equivalent vehicle can be arranged at an additional cost for convenient pick up and drop. On arrival at the resort, you will be allotted your rooms. You are advised to take some rest and meet the team in dining area at lunch time. We will have an introduction session to get familiar with co-participants and some informal discussion about photography, gears to use etc over the lunch. Take some rest and then enjoy your lunch. Don’t forget to taste the delicious Daal Baati Churma, the essence of Rajasthan. Relax yourself. We move for the evening Safari into the park by 2:30 pm. We come back to the resort by evening and have tea and refreshments. Spend the evening discussing the day’s experience and sharing the photographs. Charge batteries and keep the memory cards clear!! Enjoy dinner and go early to bed, as the forest will reopen tomorrow with some great surprises !!!
Wake up call at 5am and we all will gather at dining area for morning tea/coffee.. While the two Jeeps are being loaded with foodstuff needed for the day, we will sip on the hot tea /coffee. At the stroke of 6am in the clock, we will embark upon one unforgettable journey.. Our group leader and veteran naturalist will decide the plan of action for the day. Tiger sighting is a matter of luck but we have the entire jungle at our disposal, with no zone restriction till the Half Day, so the search should fetch us some brilliant sighting. Have you ever imagined having breakfast in middle of the dense forest and that too in Tiger's den.. this is the day when you will experience this awesome moment. The search will be on once the breakfast is over. After Lunch We will again go for the Regular evening safari. Once we return to the resort, discuss the sighting and experience over the tea & coffee, arranged in beautiful lawn of the resort. Get freshen up and gather in dining hall, where our panel experts will review your images clicked during the day.. Learn some more tips and tricks for betterment along with some key elements of post processing. Enjoy your dinner and go early to bed, as you have had a tiring day.
Yet another exciting day in the forest..
We will gather at dining area for morning Tea /Coffee at 5:30AM. With earlier day’s experience and lot of pre-conceived images we will hit the tiger land once again.. There are many advantages of half day long safari. You have enough time to concentrate on the entire Flora-fauna of the forest. Healthy technical discussion with our group leaders will help you learn while on the field and many more. We will spend the time in exploring many corners of the forest in search of tiger as well as many other species that reside in this beautiful jungle. Depending on the sighting we will decide the place for having our breakfast. After lunch we will do Regular Evening Safari. We will return back to hotel in the evening with some great experience of the entire day. Evening is free for some healthy discussion and experience sharing amongst the participants. Dinner will be served.. The action packed day ends here.. hit the bed early to get ready for yet another exciting day.
The final day with Tigers..
As per previous day, let’s gather at dining area for morning tea & coffee at 5:30AM. This is our last safari . We will visit some more unexplored part of the forest and ensure making some wonderful images. The safari will end at 10 am and so is our expedition. We will return to resort with some unforgettable memories and some stunning images to share. We will bid adieu to the forest and return to resort and get ready to check out. Our expedition ends here and we return back with loads of memory!!
Things to carry
1. Telephoto lenses – preferably above 400 mm, Wide angle lens. Being a full day expedition, carrying two set of bodies will be advisable.
2. Carry fully charged batteries for your camera / flash.
3. Carry battery charger. Carry extra pack of camera batteries.
4. Carry backup memory cards / HDD storage drives, Laptop.
5. Carrying a Tripod is optional.
6. Carry a big towel / cloth to protect your gear from dust.
7. Carry a big cloth / bandanna / scarf to protect you from dust.
8. Warm clothes, gloves for the chilly early mornings.
9. Sun screens lotions are very important.
10. It is advisable to carry basic first aid along with you along with your daily course of medicines (if any)
11. Please carry suitable mosquito repellants to keep you protected from mosquito bites.
12. Carry a pair of good binoculars.
13. Bean Bag
Do not worry if you don’t own any advance camera / super-telephoto lens as we now have an equipment support division. Equipment is available on rental - please mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Soumabrata Moulick is a passionate wildlife photographer and nature enthusiast. Primarily interested in behavioral and conservation photography, he believes that knowledge should be shared with no holds barred and has a flair for teaching. An engineer by profession, he devotes all of his non-office hours to the observation, study and documentation of nature and wildlife. His work has been published and acknowledged in various national and international media platforms. He aspires to become a full-time conservation photographer and contribute towards the conservation of fast vanishing natural wonders. He is associated with DCP Expeditions as a Panel Expert, Team Mumbai.
Package Cost: INR 55000 (Inclusive of taxes Ex Sawai Madhopur)
1. Accommodation in super deluxe AC room on twin sharing basis in Resort for 3N/4D
2. Veg and non-veg breakfast, lunch and dinner during the stay (3 Lunch, 3 Dinner, 3 Breakfast)
3. 2 Half day Zone Free Safaries and 4 Regular Safaries in Ranthamhore Tiger Reserve, with permission to access all tourism zone of the forest (Zone 1 to 10)
4. 2 exclusive jeeps, with 4 participants in a jeep.
5. One round Pick up and drop from Sawai Madhopur station
6. All park charges, entry fee etc.
7. DCP photography expert for 4 days.
8. All Taxes and service charges.
Cost does not include:
1. Travel costs to Sawai Madhopur
2. Jaipur Airport Pick up and Drop
3. Lunch on Day 4 and Breakfast on Day 1
4. All expenses of personal nature- additional meals, bottled water, Soft Drinks, Laundry Charges, Phone Calls etc
5. Any kind of insurance, Medical or/and Emergency Charges.
6. Any payable tips and Gratuities to Guide, Driver and hotel staff etc
7. Anything which is not part of inclusions above
All cancellations before 30 days of the event date - 100% refund
All cancellations between 20 - 30 days of the event date - 50% refund
All cancellations within 20 days of the event date - No refund possible