Starting a Creative Business is a one-day workshop for artists/creative professionals from all artistic disciplines thinking about starting a business. It provides the basic tools of creating, developing and putting together a solid creative business idea that will shape the business plan.
Through interactive, reflective, and writing activities that correlate with a workbook, participants get to step into the business mind frame and leave with the key components of their business more clearly defined.
Registrants are required to come ready to explore their existing creative business idea
Takeaways for participants:
- Step into the business mind frame
- Build a bridge from creative professional to creative business
- Clarify your business idea, direction & create the base of your business plan
- Get to know your local business and creative sector supports and community
“Starting a Creative Business” is an initiative of WorkInCulture to support creative professionals of diverse artistic disciplines who are thinking about building a creative enterprise.
Workshop includes a workbook handout to prepare you for your next steps.
Lunch and refreshments are included.
"Starting a Creative Business - in Belleville" would not be possible without the following partners.
City of Huron, Cultural Services Department
Huron Arts & Heritage Network
Huron Arts & Heritage Network fosters growth and success by providing support and services for its members in the arts, culture and heritage community of Huron County.
Huron Small Business Enterprise Centre
The Huron Small Business Enterprise Centre offers small business owners and entrepreneurs the following resources and services to establish a successful momentum for your business:
- Free consultations with a qualified business consultant
- Free assistance in registering your business name – obtaining your BIN, HST, payroll and WSIB numbers
- Free business plan reviews
- Workshops and seminars, free or low-cost
- Networking and professional development opportunities
- Guidance on licenses, permits, registration, regulations and other requirements
Funder: Ontario Trillium Foundation
An agency of the Government of Ontario, the Ontario Trillium Foundation (OTF) is one of Canada’s largest granting foundations. With a budget of over $136 million, OTF awards grants to some 1,000 projects every year to build healthy and vibrant Ontario communities.