Rendezvous is hosting our first annual Gear Swap! Do you have used gear that deserves a second life? Here’s your chance to sell your old stuff, grab some “new” stuff, and make some money while you’re at it. Here’s the Nitty Gritty;
- Rendezvous will provide sidewalk space in front of the shop and a limited number of tables for you to display and sell your gear. If you would like a table, we highly recommend you bring your own. Please bring your own chairs.
- We take no commission. You dictate the price and you sell the gear. We provide the space. It’s highly recommended you stay with your gear for the duration of the sale, as security is your responsibility.
- You can sell gear that Rendezvous would generally sell in the shop such as climbing & camping gear, backpacks, outdoor clothing, hiking shoes, maps and guide books, etc. If you would like to bring a large item such as a kayak, please contact us first so we can do our best to accommodate it.
- You are NOT allowed to sell anything that could be construed as a weapon, such as guns, knives, hatchets, or archery equipment. Poison darts, catapults, and Trojan Horses are also frowned upon. Things that are also not appropriate: basketballs, trading cards, computers, high heeled shoes, Cosmo Magazines, car parts, etc. You get the point.
- Generally people sell stuff on a cash only basis, but if you are a tech savvy individual and can set up sales with credit cards on your smart phone, go for it!
- Set up begins at 8:30am, and the coffee is on Rendezvous! The Gear Swap will run from 9am - 12pm. Tear down should be complete by 1pm.