Every Tuesday night at 7:15PM, there will be Flowing River Sangha, a new small group ministry. We will be practicing together the mindfulness meditation technique called Vipassana meditation, also known as insight meditation. There is no charge for this event.
You will be learning and practicing Anapana meditation, or meditation on the breath, which is the first step on the path toward Vipassana. This first step can be in and of itself a deeply beneficial practice. You don't have to ever move beyond this step, or sit longer than 20 minutes at a time to receive the many scientifically documented benefits of a regular mindfulness meditation practice, which include:
• Reduced rumination
• Stress reduction
• Boosts to working memory
• Improved Focus
• Less emotional reactivity
• More cognitive flexibility
• Increased Relationship satisfaction
• Numerous health benefits, including increased immune functioning, improvement to well-being, and reduction in psychological distress
• Increased information processing speed
• Improved task efficiency
• Other benefits: Mindfulness has been shown to enhance self-insight, morality, intuition and fear modulation.
Chairs will be provided for all participants, but feel free to bring your own meditation cushions.
Photo credit: Mitchell Joyce https://goo.gl/gMhDyT