The UK is making progress on a wide range of health services for infants, children and young people but what more can be done?
The RSM's first Child Health Festival wants to explore further to help improve child health from everyday practice to influencing the bigger picture.
Organised in association with Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health & British Association for Child and Adolescent Public Health (BACAPH), the festival takes a look the importance of child health, making the case for reimagining child health and looking at its future in the UK.
Hear from renowned representatives in child health including:
- Prof Neena Modhi, Past-President of the Royal College of Paediatric and Child Health
- Dr Jacqueline Cornish, National Clinical Director Children, Young People and Transition to Adulthood at NHS England
- Dr Sara Hurley, Chief Dental Officer, NHS England
- Professor Viv Bennett, Chief Nurse, Public Health England
- Professor Russell Viner, President, Royal College of Paediatric and Child Health
Topics covered include:
- Child public health in the UK today
- National improvement programmes for children in the NHS
Reducing inequalities in child health – what can health professionals do?
- Feeding the future – the importance of nutrition
- Involving children in sport & why we should do it
- Burden of dental disease & why it can't be ignored
- How to influence policy and decisions in Parliament
Come along and see how can we break down silos between services, get all healthcare professionals from all backgrounds to work together and help improve child healthcare and services going forward?
Prices from £20
Take part in the Child Health Promise initiative
Child Health Promise and the Royal Society of Medicine have developed a platform for healthcare professionals to share their quality improvement work. Set up your own project and share your good ideas.
The best projects will be selected to be presented at the festival, with the top three awarded £100. Submission deadline: Monday 30 April . http://childhealthpromise.org/