Route Briefing 04:50 am
Start: 05:00 am
Unofficial distance: 52km.
Geen kostes / Free event.
The route will be in and around Bloem, so easy to do extra few km's or take a short cut if you prefer. Baie welkom om eie hulp ook te reël / Welcome to arrange own second's etc. Limited water stations available, however the route will pass many fuel stations so bring a bit of cash.
Route map will be available at the start.
Start @ Runners Emporium (Pretty Gardens)
1. Turn right into Du Plessis Avenue.
2. At the Towers Shopping Centre, turn left into Elias Motsoaledi Street.
3. At the Boeremark turn right into Totius Steet.
4. Follow Totius Street over the highway.
5. Turn left into Koos vd Walt Avenue.
6. After approximately 100m, turn immediately left into Jac van Rhyn Road.
7. Follow Jac van Rhyn road until you reach the first water point close to the Driving Range.
8. A few meters after the Driving Range, turn right into Nelson Mandela Drive.
9. Turn left into Furstenburg Road and through the Tempe gates.
10. Directly after the Tempe gates, follow the road that turns left (still Furstenburg Road).
11. Follow the Furstenburg Road which makes an automatic turn to the right until you pass all buildings on your right, after which you turn right at the first turn off, i.e. Papa Brits Street.
12. Papa Brits Street will take you to the Tempe exit at Generaal Dan Pienaar Drive.
13. Cross Generaal Dan Pienaar into Van Riebeeck Street and turn left in Generaal Hertzog Street.
14. At the Preller Circle (2nd Water Point) turn right into Albrecht Street.
15. Turn left into Harry Smith Street.
16. Continue down Harry Smith Street which becomes Union Street and follow until you turn left at the entrance of Naval Hill (Delville Drive).
17. Continue up Naval Hill (Do not turn to the right towards the Nelson Mandela Statue). Continue straight where you will find Water Point 3 (19,5km).
18. After the water point, turn left on the Parkrun route.
19. Continue on the Parkrun route until the route takes you to a T-junction. (Do not exit to the left towards the Nelson Mandela Statue). Turn right and follow the route that you came with. (Water Point 4 – 24km)
20. Continue down Naval Hill (Dr Delville) back towards Union Road where you turn right and then up Harry Smith towards Oliewenhuis.
21. At Oliewenhuis turn left down Happy Valley.
22. At the robot turn right up Albrecht Street.
23. Continue with Albrecht until Preller Circle. (Water Point 5 – 29km)
24. Continue over the next Circle until Deale Road.
25. Turn left towards Emily Hobhouse Circle and continue until the Botanical Gardens turnoff.
26. Turn right into Rayton Road. Continue up Rayton Road where you will find Water Point 6 @ the 32km mark.
27. Turn around (U-Turn) at the Botanical Gardens gate and continue back the way you came.
28. Turn right into Ray Champion Street (Water Point 7 – 36.5km) and continue until Frans Kleynhans Road.
29. Turn right into Frans Kleynhans Road until the Woodlands Estate entrance. (Water Point 8 -40km)
30. Turn right into Woodland Hills Boulevard up to the Woodlands Shopping Centre. (42.2km)
31. Turn around and continue until Frans Kleynhans Road. (Water Point 9 – 44km)
32. Turn right in Frans Kleynhans Road towards Emoya Estate and continue with the tar road which is still Frans Kleinhans Road, until Kenilworth Road. (Water Point 10 – 48km)
33. Turn left into Kenilworth and continue until Nelson Mandela Drive.
34. Turn left into Nelson Mandela Drive until the Bains Game Lodge entrance.
35. Turn right at the Bains game Lodge entrance and follow the through the dirt road across the Bains Game Lodge entrance.
36. Continue on the dirt road for 500m and then turn left into Faan Ferreira.
37. Continue with Faan Ferreira for 800m to the finish inside Pretty Gardens.
38. Collect your drink & certificate at Runners Emporium.