We invite you to be our guest and visit our campus April 19-21 for Preview Weekend! Please RSVP at https://sfts.edu/admissions-aid/preview-weekend/
Part academic seminar, part spiritual retreat, the SFTS Preview Weekend will introduce you to our robust theological education and reflective community over two days in beautiful Marin County, California.
You will stay in our comfortable campus housing, enjoy meals as our guest with our community of staff, faculty, and students, and we’ll make it easy for you to attend with generous travel vouchers and airport transportation.
While here, you will learn more about:
- Our residential ministry degree programs, built upon our values of spirituality and social justice, engaging our students in life-learning experiences needed for a global community.
- Continuing education classes for Christian ordination or a PhD degree in Divinity, our theology courses offer a challenging and motivating curriculum for those seeking meaningful change.
- The only campus-based Clinical Pastoral Education program in the country. If you are considering working as a chaplain to a community in need, our flexible, community-based program will allow intense involvement with persons in various levels of crisis and need.
- Certificate programs that include certificates in Trauma & Spiritual Care, Black Church Studies, Ministry Studies, or Worship Leadership.
- Spiritual self-care: how to pay attention and respond to the presence of God in your life, and to take care of your own spirit so that you may serve others.
During your visit, you will:
- Spend a day as an SFTS student: attending classes, worshipping in chapel, and socializing at community lunch.
- Get to know the campus community through structured discussions and informal gatherings with faculty, staff, and students.
- Learn about the wealth and diversity of resources available through our relationship with the Graduate Theological Union in Berkeley.
- Explore your own sense of call to ministry through meaningful worship, spiritual practices, and optional one-on-one time with a spiritual director.
- Consider where you would live, what classes you would take, and how you would fund your SFTS education through conversations with our Student Life staff.
- Explore the sights and attractions of the San Francisco Bay Area. We are located 45 minutes from California’s Wine Country to the north, 35 minutes from downtown San Francisco to the south, and the rugged coastline featuring Point Reyes and Tomales Bay to the west.