Rules for Pack Walk
1. Reactive dogs are not only welcome but preferred.
2. One dog per handler.
3. All dogs must be on a 4 ft or 6 ft leash. NO RETRACTABLE LEASHES ALLOWED!
4. Everyone must respect other dogs personal space. No greetings without permission from the handler.
5. The walking order will change and dogs will be moved around as needed in order to help the more reactive dogs.
6. We will stop every 5-8 minutes to allow everyone to get their dogs on a relaxed leash before moving on.
The coolest thing about pack walks is watching the reactive dogs start to settle in and get into the rhythm of the walk, one by one. Calm energy is contagious and the walk really helps dogs achieve that nice, calm state of mine. Handlers should try to keep their dog’s eyes forward while moving and work to keep the leash relaxed.