If you love clean, fresh, local food, then you will want to head to the Farmers Market on April 17 to Celebrate Santa Fe’s Community Farms, an early evening educational get-together.
“We have some of Santa Fe’s pioneering community farmers and authors sharing samples of delicious, healthy, local foods,” says author Steven McFadden, “and talking with the public about how Santa Fe can become more food secure and food healthy.”
The first annual Celebrate Santa Fe’s Community Farms event will be Tuesday, April 17, from 5:30 to 7:00 p.m. at the Farmers Market, in the Railyard on Paseo de Peralta. The event is free, but donations are gratefully accepted to help defray costs.
The event will feature samples of local food and short presentations from local farmers and authors. Speakers will include:
• Thomas Swendson, Beneficial Farms CSA
• Mark Nelson, Synergia Ranch
• Steven McFadden, author of Farms of Tomorrow, and The Call of the Land
• Kierstan Pickens, executive director of the Santa Fe Farmers Market Institute
• Nina Yozell-Epstein, founder and CEO of Squash Blossom Local Food
• Benjamin Bartley, value chain coordinator for La Montanita Coop
• Tejinder Ciano, co-founder of Reunity Resources, will fill us in on the destiny of the historic Santa Fe Community Farm at San Ysidro Crossing
Learn about what’s happening with your local community farms and engage with dynamic agrarian visions of what is possible for Santa Fe. Celebrate Santa Fe’s Community Farms will be Tuesday, April 17, from 5:30 – 7p.m. at the Santa Fe Farmer’s Market, 1607 Paseo de Peralta, Suite A Santa Fe, NM 87501.