Picnic Day at Sara's Organic Farm!
Our open air picnic happens around twice a month, amidst our organic vegetable and fruit plantations on Sara’s Organic Farm. On this day al fresco, we serve various dips and freshly baked bread, Fool & Falafel, 2 warm vegetarian dishes, snacks straight off the fields (vegetables) and hot and cold refreshments. You have the chance to buy straight from the source and see where your food grows!
The day is yours at the farm! Some of the things you will be able to do are:
- Explore on your own by foot or take a long stroll on the farm (bring your bike if you like!).
- Relax in the green, lay in the grass and listen to the birds.
- Feed our farm animals.
- Explore the creative space, there are over 30 different types of plants, cactai and fruit trees growing here.
- Watch traditional baladi bread baking.
- Ask for a guided tour of out organic vegetable field and green house.
- Meet like-minded individuals and have a chat over some refreshing organic juice.
- Bring a book, read in the shade of a tree.
- Watch the kids play in the sand (bring sand toys!) or run about in the creative space.
- Watch the sunset.
What we also provide:
- Bathrooms and a changing table for babies.
- A shaded picnic area with tables.
- Bins for food leftovers.
- An all-natural creative play area for kids.
- Berseem to feed the animals.
How to book?
All tickets are sold in advance and your spot is booked once you paid your tickets with your basket delivery, or at one of our farmers’ markets locations. Call us to book or contact email@example.com
Children (younger than 7 years) FREE
Students (7 years - 15 years ) 100LE
Adults (above 15 years ) 200LE
Ticket Sales at the Farmers' Market
Nun Center: Tuesday and Saturday from 10am - 2pm
Address: 4 Shafik Mansour, Floor 2, Zamalek.
CSA (Community Service Association) Market: Thursdays from 10am - 2pm
Address: No.21 Maadi As Sarayat.
- We will need the full names of adults and children coming, as well as the children’s ages and your contact details (address, phone number, e-mail address).
- We don't offer any refunds on purchased tickets.
When at the farm please bear in mind The Farm Guidelines:
- Kids can run free in the all-natural creative play area, but not in the vegetable field.
- Please stay on the main paths and don't walk in between the vegetable field unless a member of our staff guides you. If you wish to look at the green house please stay on the main path.
- You may observe nature but don’t pick flowers (we want to keep looking at them) or vegetables (this can cause damage to the crops).
- You may pet and feed the farm animals with fresh clover (berseem) provided by the farm. Please do not feed them anything else as this may hurt them.
- Shhhhh our egg-laying hens need peace and quite to lay healthy eggs. The chicken coop is closed – no entry here.
- All garbage must go in the designated bins. Separate organic waste and non organic waste (plastic, wrapping etc).
- The farm is a no smoking zone.
Hurry up places are limited!
Have a beautiful day, enjoy the fresh air and good company on the Farm!