Please join The Adirondack Ink for our "Ink & Drink® - Hand-Lettering for Beginners" Workshop at Saranac Matt Brewing Company!
The Ink & Drink® - "Hand-Lettering for Beginners" Workshop is designed to help participants understand the fundamentals of the trendy technique of Hand-Lettering through step-by-step instruction. Participants will learn how to create pretty script letters, font-like letters, and simple flourishes to create a well-composed project! Speaking of projects, participants will receive a take-home kit of supplies and an additional 6-pack of stationary cards and envelopes to practice their new skill by creating Hand-Lettered cards!
Your RSVP will include:
•Two hours of hands-on instruction
• An Exclusive Workbook created by Sarah Dustin, calligrapher/letterist of The Adirondack Ink
• Customized templates and alphabet exemplars
• A take-home kit including a clipboard, pencil, ultra fine black pen, medium black pen, & a gold Sharpie
• A take-home project including a 6-pack of stationary cards/envelopes for thank you notes, well wishes, birthdays, and whatever occasion you'd like to celebrate with hand-lettering!
• A complimentary drink of your choice from the Saranac 1888 Tavern.
• Full access to Sarah's experience and knowledge with lettering and starting a lettering business
Do I need "good penmanship" to participate in this workshop?
Not at all! Some of the best calligraphers "write in disguise" during the day and at the office. This workshop will introduce you to the necessary tools. Once you know how to use them, they'll take control of the rest!
Are there age restrictions?
Heck no! All ages are welcome. This venue has a reputation for being family-friendly and we embrace that mindset and invitation at our workshops too. Please note that you must be 21+ older with a valid ID to be served any beverage containing alcohol.
What if I'm left-handed?
No worries, Calligraphy and Hand-Lettering doesn't discriminate amongst lefties and righties. In fact, past left-handed participants have succeeded at the same pace as their right-handed friends.
What if I don't drink alcohol?
That is perfectly fine and we want to make sure that all of our guests are comfortable. This venue happily serves non-alcoholic options.