Stop The Bleed - Practical Skills 101 is a perfect class for anyone who may encounter severe bleeding, making it ideal for avid sportsman, hunters, hikers, parents, coaches, teachers, and everyone in between. Course is designed to teach the necessary life saving skills of hemorrhage control, to anybody regardless of skill level or prior training! Course EXCEEDS the standards established by the DOD and DHS. Message for further details! Minimum age of 10 years old. Class size limited to 12 persons!
Course topics include:
- Selection and utilization of tourniquets, bandaging, and pressure dressings.
- Appropriate methods to mitigate hemorrhaging.
- Best practices in the field of EMS as they pertain to uncontrolled blood loss.
- Equipment selection and assembly.
- Basic human anatomy as it pertains to hemorrhage control.
- Safety precautions
- Active Threat considerations.