* May 8 - June 12, 2018 (6 week series)
* $139 +hst
** Visit the ticket link for program pricing and further details. **
Designed for Mom & Baby (sorry no dads)
This is a valuable series which provides much needed support for all moms!
The 6-9 month stage of your baby’s life is an exciting one! They are now eating solids, sitting up on their own and some may even be beginning to crawl around. So much is happening in their bodies and brains and moms are often starting to feel a little bit more like themselves again. Join us as we continue our journey of supporting development, play, and growing and changing identities as new moms.
LEARNING & DISCUSSION TOPICS include (but not limited to):
- Learn about your baby’s emotional, physical, and social development at this age, including the NDDS checklist, and the CDC checklist. We will be playing developmentally appropriate games and activities that you can do at home to help support optimal development and independence. Knowing the signs of normal development can help ensure that babies and families who may need some extra support are able to seek that help out in a timely manner.
- Returning to work and how to choose a childcare provider. What are your childcare needs? Are you a shift worker, does your partner work out of town a lot? Are you looking for a home-type daycare or a facility? Are you interested in Montessori, arts, or environmentally focused childcare? We will discuss options and all of the emotions that come with returning to work or with choosing to stay home. Being a mama comes with lots of feelings!
- Sensory play is big in this age group! We will have sensory play incorporated into every class, but this particular week will be focused on the importance of sensory play in your baby’s development. Prepare to get messy as you dive into sensory DIY recipes and activities that you can recreate at home. Using the instructors’ experience in infant development and interest in occupational therapy at this age will help to ensure everything is developmentally appropriate and supportive of learning and growth.
- Time for Mom, self-care, and finding balance. We will be joined by guest speaker Alissa Blais, yoga teacher/personal trainer, as she sheds light on the importance of taking care of ourselves. Discuss what self care looks like when you have a baby and how to infuse more self-care into your life as you continue on your Motherhood journey.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR:
Faciltated by Kat Ennis.