How to Participate in Start by Believing Day 2018:
Show Your Support
• Make a video pledge to Start by Believing. Just print out the SBB Placard, grab your smartphone, and post it on social media along with #StartbyBelieving.
• Change your profile picture to the SBB Logo for the day, or all of Sexual Assault Awareness Month.
• Take a selfie with the SBB Placard and post it on social media along with #StartbyBelieving
Share Your Story
• If you were sexually assaulted and someone did, or did not, believe you when you disclosed, consider sharing your #StartbyBelieving story on social media.
• Use social media to describe a time when someone came to you to say they were sexually assaulted, and you knew to #StartbyBelieving them.
Spread the Word
• Share information about Start by Believing with friends, family members, colleagues, social groups, organizations, clubs, etc. It's easy - you can start by simply sharing this email with your contact list.
To help even more, we've crafted ready-to-use social media posts. Pick one you like, adapt it if you choose, and then post on your preferred platform.
• To those of you sharing your #MeToo stories, please know that I pledge to always #StartbyBelieving.
• Today is the 3rd Annual #StartbyBelieving Day. Today, and every day, I pledge to Start by Believing.
• When someone tells you they were sexually assaulted, what will you do? I will #StartbyBelieving.
• 3 simple responses to a disclosure of sexual violence:
1. I'm sorry
2. How can I help?
3. I will #StartbyBelieving
It's not too late to get started! Please join us in this global message of solidarity for victims of sexual assault and abuse. Join us on Start by Believing Day!