Sonoran Muses, the traveling portrait artist from Tucson, AZ will be coming to Bremerton, Washington at the end of July, beginning of August (exact dates to be determined) for about a week! It is Sonoran Muses's mission to help people honor themselves by using items from nature to create a styling look with headdresses and accessories that helps each person reconnect to nature.
The lovely Kimberly Foy has graciously offered to host me in her beautiful home in Bremerton! I will be creating an inviting styling space for you right there in her home! For those of you who have never done a shoot with me before here is how it works:
You and I will discuss if you would prefer an ocean, river, woodland or mountain setting for your shoot, which will help determine what direction your styling will go! Each styling look is inspired by the landscape you will be posing in! We will then brainstorm clothing options (you can choose something from your wardrobe that you already have, or you can borrow, rent or buy something new).
I will have 2 headdress options available for you to choose from... a living floral headdress created from local flowers and plants or a headdress featuring feathers, horns, silk flowers, gemstones, chains etc. that is made in advance. If you decide to go with a headdress made in advance you have 2 additional options!
1. The headdress is only worn for your shoot and then I keep it afterwards. There will be limited input and I will design a headdress that I am inspired to create.
2. You can custom order a purchased headdress that you will keep. Most custom headdresses fall within the $75-$200 range depending on several factors. I will work with you on creating a headdress with all of your input ranging from color choices, symmetry, length and other design aesthetics.... and it will be fit to your exact measurements!
On your scheduled photo shoot date, you and one other model will be getting your makeup and photography done on the same day but you will have individual portraits taken at the chosen location. If you happen to be doing your shoot with a friend, we can of course get a couple shots of you together! Since I am flying in from Arizona I will not have a vehicle, so either the host or a model will need to drive us to the shoot location. Carpooling is highly encouraged!
I have just begun to research beautiful wild photo shoot locations! If you have suggestions for places to go that aren't more than 1 hour from Bremerton then please let me know!
For $350 your photo shoot includes:
1. Professional fantasy makeup
2. A designer headdress to wear
3. Choice of photo shoot location
4. Wardrobe and styling guidance
5. Gentle posing suggestions
6. 6 high-res edited digital images from the shoot
If you are interested in signing up, there will be a non-refundable $100 deposit due when you schedule your shoot date. I can take deposits via paypal or a mailed check/money order. It has been a long time dream of mine to shoot in Washington state, I am so excited it's finally happening!