Our 3 week intensive 200 hour teacher training is an amazing opportunity to dive in and learn all that is needed to teach yoga. Perfect for teachers professionals with summers off or flexible summer hours!
For questions and inquiries call the studio at: (617)315-7448
Whether you're looking to deepen your practice and understanding of yoga or become a strong, marketable yoga teacher, this program is for you! Join Boston yoga legends David Vendetti and Todd Skoglund in this immersive experience into a modern, evolving yoga practice. David and Todd have built upon over twenty years experience training the Boston community to create the newest incarnation of this institutional 200 hour training.
- Daily Asana Practice
- Breakdown of the individual postures and how to modify and adjust for different students
- Common injury and special condition modifications (including pre and post-natal practice)
- (Deepening and developing your own practice and overcoming personal challenges
- Learn to sequence a smart, fun, purposeful class to all levels
- Study the basic bone and muscle anatomy relating to a yoga practice
- Discuss the emotional, therapeutic and energetic components of yoga
- Self-care and developing a personal practice
- Discuss the ancient and recent sources of our current understanding of yoga
- Read, watch and discuss current topics in the modern evolution of the practice
- Learn to teach to different levels of students in any circumstance
- Engage in a community of like-minded yet diverse practitioners
- Prepare yourself for entering the health and fitness-related job market
- $500 deposit to hold your space (remainder balance due by beginning of program).
- Early Bird Pricing: $2900 paid in full before June 1st, 2018 (includes deposit)
- Regular Pricing: $3100 paid in full by the start of the program (includes deposit).
- Graduation and certification will be held until full payment is made.
- Course Begins Friday, July 27th, 2018 and runs through Saturday, August 18th: with Sundays the 6th & 13th as days off.
- Hours: Mon-Fri 8:30am-5:30pm; Sat 11am-7pm; Sun 8:30am-5pm
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Up to 10 days before the training begins students are entitled to a full refund minus $125 administrative fee. Within 10 days of the start of the program, refunds are only permitted at the discretion of the ownership of South Boston Yoga Center. These policies are in addition to the general policies of the studio as posted on the website and on premises.
About Your Teachers
David Vendetti: David draws on over 20 years experience of teaching and over 10 years of training new teachers and anatomy workshops. His background in dance and therapeutic bodywork as well as anatomy trainings gives him a deep understanding of the physical practice of yoga, while his long-time involvement with the Boston yoga community gives him a sepcial insight into the evolving landscape of being a successful yoga teacher in New England. David is a natural community builder and always goes above and beyond in training new students and teachers from his deep love of this practice. David founded South Boston Yoga and the South Boston Yoga Teacher Training in 2007 with co-director Todd Skoglund.
Todd Skoglund: Todd's initial experience in Yoga was from a philosophical background as an undergraduate majoring in Eastern Philosophy and Religious studies. Always a very physical person, he moved from martial arts and traditional physical training to the practice of ashtanga yoga in 2001. Since that time Todd has studied various movement practices including extensive training with Ana Forrest, Cameron Shane, Glenn Black and many others. He continues to follow and participate in the evolving "movement culture" and brings his depth of personal practice to his teaching and trainings. Todd co-founded South Boston Yoga and the South Boston Yoga Teacher Training in 2007 with David Vendetti.