This one day workshop offers a valuable introduction to psychological trauma for frontline staff such as support workers, social workers, SEN’s, CPN’s, and care coordinators. Our professional staff will be able to provide an introductory exploration into trauma and give you the opportunity to broaden your knowledge and skills.
- gain an understanding of trauma, including the common causes and impact of traumatic experience
- learn about the physiological and psychological basis of trauma (the neurobiology of trauma)
- recognise triggers, symptoms and coping strategies of trauma
- be able to better support someone with symptoms of trauma
- be aware of local trauma providers and where to signpost an individual with symptoms of trauma
After the course, you can receive certification and handouts at request.
#mentalhealth #PTSD #trauma #southend #essex