Learn the basics of making paper boxes, including pattern making and various construction techniques. You'll start with handmade paper (provided) and you'll leave with a completed, one-of-a-kind, stitched paper box embellished inside and out. Who knew the humble box could be so much fun!
Claudia Lee is a studio artist, designer, consultant, author, and instructor working in handmade paper. Her work has been published in more than thirty books, magazines, and journals and can be found in many private and corporate collections. She is a two-time recipient of a Master’s Grant from the Tennessee Arts Commission and Tennessee Craft and was also chosen to design and create the 2011 Governor’s Arts Awards.
# of Participants: 10 maximum
Experience Level: All
Supply List: Instructor will bring extras of supplies with asterisks if you can't find them. If you’re not sure about something, bring it!
- bone folder*
- Aleene’s Tacky Glue or any strong, white glue*
- glue brush
- self-healing mat
- 6 or more needles, Dritz Crewel Needles #11282 or size 22 tapestry needles (narrow eye)
- X-acto knife with lots of spare blades*
- needle nose or flat pliers (small size)
- small, lightweight hammer or whatever you’re comfortable using*
- needle tool or small awl*
- Embellishments such as buttons, beads, assorted threads, yarns and ribbons, rubber stamps and any tools or materials you may enjoy using (optional)
- Decorative papers you may wish to use (optional)
- A camera to document your work as you go (optional)
Cost is $240 for individual SEFAA members and Peachtree Handspinners Guild members; $290 for non-members. This is also an additional Supply Fee of $45, payable to instructor (cash, check, or credit card) for handmade paper and instructor-provided supplies.
Registration and Payment: See link for online registration and payment.
Questions? Please email email@example.com or call 678-235-4328.