If you are a hobbyist photographer and looking to increase your knowledge base; join Charlie Morrison as he creates a photo collective atmosphere to drive your hobby forward. Learn about depth of field, long exposure, low light and high-speed image capture in the context of a “project”. You are encouraged to arrive with some project ideas and as a group we will help you flush out the details with feedback and group discussion. The project can be anything you find interesting including; your children getting ready for school or sporting events, drag racing, your book club, the group you play pool with or something as simple as candles or teacups. The subject matter is just a vehicle to create the photos you’ve been imagining. Every photo you take can be a learning opportunity that can be applied to your next image; this compounding of experience will ultimately result in better image captures.
- The course will work best with a camera system that has manual and semi-automatic settings.
- A cursory knowledge of your equipment.
- A willingness to participate in a group discussion with your peers.
- The willingness to bring in prints each week produced from your project.
- An open mind to learning new things.