Join us for extended blueberry picking hours and enjoy the beautiful sunset from our observation deck at the farm! We will be open from 9 am to 9 pm on Saturday, April 21st. Featuring 40 acres of blueberries for picking and ten varieties to choose from, our farm is like no other. We encourage you to bring a folding chair and/or blanket to enjoy the music and atmosphere on our grass yard, outside alcohol or coolers are not permitted. There is no admission or parking fee, and our u-pick blueberries are $4/lb. Please note that you are responsible for paying for everything that you pick. We will have pre-picked blueberries available for $10 in a 2 lb container, and frozen blueberries for $2/lb, pre-packaged in a 4 to 5 lb bag. We accept cash, credit and debit everywhere on the farm. In addition to our blueberry u-pick, we will also be offering the following throughout the day:
• 60 minute yoga class, led by certified instructor Laura Hemmings - Adventures Of A Bad Housewife from 9:45 am to 10:45 am. The class is $13 advance purchase online and $15 day of at the farm, and includes 1 lb of u-pick blueberries. Tickets and more information can be found using the link above to our online store.
• Live music by Sticks and Bones from 10:45 am to 2:45 pm, and Dane Colbert Music from 4:30 pm to 8:30 pm.
• Beer, wine and mimosas from 9:30 am to 8:30 pm from the Southern Hill Beer Shed.
• Southern Hill Eatery, Twisted Plates and Bauer-BQ food trucks will be serving food from 11 am to 8:30 pm.
• Shopping for our handcrafted blueberry products and merchandise in our Southern Hill Market. Try one of our famous hot, fresh and delicious blueberry donuts, homemade blueberry cobbler, frozen blueberry lemonade and more from our vintage Airstream trailer converted into a bakery, Southern Hill Sweets.
• Rides on our one of a kind Blueberry Express and hayrides. The Blueberry Express is a 25 minute ride around the farm on the deck of our converted vintage cotton harvester. Tickets are $5 for adults, and $3 for children and teens ages 3-17 and is available once an hour on the half hour from 9:30 am to 7:30 pm. Hayrides are $2 per person and is a 15 minute ride around the farm. Tickets for the hayride can be purchased for rides every half hour from 9:30 am to 7:30 pm.
• Yard games like life sized Jenga, Connect Four, bean bag toss and washer toss. A $5 deposit is required to pick up game pieces, the deposit will be returned to you once the items have been brought back to the Info Table.
• Our covered playground will be available for children, and we have permanent restroom facilities with baby changing stations in both the men and women’s restrooms.
Please note that all events at Southern Hill Farms are subject to change or cancellation due to inclement weather. Please always visit our website on the day of your planned visit for final event details. Pets, dogs or animals of any kind are not allowed on the farm during our spring u-pick season due to federal food safety regulations. Outside alcohol and coolers are not permitted. Please note that Schofield Road is a Lake County clay road. Southern Hill Farms is a working farm; you will be parking and walking in grass and unpaved areas. Thanks for loving your local farmer!