Social Security is far more complicated than most people realize. The decisions baby boomers make now can have a tremendous impact on the total amount of benefits they stand to receive over their lifetime. Come to the Southwest Harbor Public Library on Wednesday, April 11, 2 – 4 p.m. for a workshop on Social Security planning with Brian Beaulieu, ChFC®, of Allen Insurance and Financial.
The workshop is free but pre-registration is required. Please call the Library at 244-7065 to register or for more information.
Baby boomers often want to know whether Social Security will still be around when they get to retirement age and whether it will be enough to live on. They also want to know the level of benefit they can expect to receive and how they can maximize it.
To help baby boomers better understand the Social Security system, this workshop will cover:
• Five factors to consider when deciding when to apply for benefits
• When it makes sense to delay benefits—and when it does not
• Why you should always check your earnings record for accuracy
• How to estimate your benefits
• How to coordinate benefits with your spouse
• How to minimize taxes on Social Security benefits
• How to coordinate Social Security with your other sources of retirement income
Space is limited. Please contact the Library to pre-register, or for more information: 244-7065.