From 2 - 4 March the first Eco Sustainability Festival will take place in the Lowveld!
Some of South Africa’s finest artist and bands will provide the soundtrack to an exquisite backdrop at Penryn College: Majozi, Veranda Panda, Albert Frost, Gerald Clark, Jackal and the Wind Qadasi, The Vanilla, Gangs of Ballet, The Kiffness, Grassy Spark, Jerry And The Bandits, Josh Wantie and much more!
It isn’t only about having fun; we want our attendees to walk away feeling inspired. Spark is a networking opportunity which brings together like-minded individuals, forerunners in sustainable development and education, to inspire a new culture in the Lowveld.
All the music, activities, workshops, exhibits, pop-up acts and talks are included in your entrance fee.
What does it cost?
- Children under 12 years: Free
- Weekend ticket: R550
- Friday ticket: R180
- Saturday Ticket: R180
- Sunday Ticket: R160
- Pensioner’s Ticket: R160
What else can you expect at Spark Festival?
- Workshops: Join a workshop hosted by your favourite musician
- Activities: Secret Sunrise (by No Danger Dairies), yoga, dance classes, meditation sessions, drumming circles, conservation tours around Penryn College and games like giant Jenga, Checkers, Bridge the River, Tic Tac Toe and Twister
- Exhibits: Science projects, 3D representation of the crocodile catchment basin, display beehives, conservation, worm farms, grey water systems, solar, sustainable car solutions and edible, indigenous & water-wise landscaping designs
CONQUERING THE HIGHEST PEAKS – Sibusiso Vilane
ANIMALS, PEOPLE & COMMUNITIES – Jane Goodhall Institute
THE MARVEL OF THE LOWVELD WATER NETWORK – Gerhard Diedericks
ALL ABOUT LIONS AND CONSERVSTION – The Lion Whisperer
BE THE CHANGE – Di Atherton
THE SECRET TO BEES – Henri van Vuren
BEER BREWING – Sabie Brewery/Shaun McCartney
VERMICAST & REHABILITATING SOIL – Nicolas Ings
CREATING A SUSTAINABLE WORKING ENVIRONMENT – Jane Goodall institute
SUSTAINABILITY NEXUS – Dr Jennifer Balatedi Molwantwa
INVASIVE SPECIES – SANBI
- Kiddies corner: Entertainment and exciting educational activities, set-up by creative and capable Penryn staff
- Pop-up acts: slam poetry, dancing & so much more!
- Food & craft stalls
- Wine garden & beer tent
GET INVOLVED & BE THE CHANGE!