A superb opportunity to dive deep into the streams and forests of the Catskills, its evocative stories, and its extraordinary cuisine, with lodging at the historic Spillian estate.
An evening of Catskills flavors.
• A robust farm-to-table charcuterie, including local meats, dairy and vegan cheeses, spring greens, hummus, relishes, chutneys, and more from Burnett Farms, Two Stones Farm, Harpersfield Dairy, Cheezehound, Catskill Chef’s Collective, Peekamoose, Bebert’s Condiments, Dirty Girl Farm, Bread Alone, Lucky Dog Farm, From the Ground Farm, and more.
• A flight of the Catskills finest ciders, beers, and spirits, including Awestruck Ciders, Wayside Ciders, Catskill Brewery, Roscoe Brewery, and Union Grove Distillery, and Delaware Phoenix Distillery
• An introduction to some of the evocative lore of the Catskills, its landscape and the people who have called it home for thousands of years in front of the blazing fire
A Day of Exploration and Story
• Begin your day with a gentle guided moving meditation inviting you to savor a sense of place in the Catskills
• A Catskills Breakfast: Spillian’s own farm-fresh eggs, local buttermilk pancakes, locally cured bacon, bagels made that morning down the road, fresh berries, housemade granola, fresh yogurt, and Tree Juice maple syrup
• A wander with Will Soter, co-founder of Upstate Adventure Guides, up the path along Emery Creek, one of the most spectacular creeks in the region, with waterfalls, moss covered banks, and Hemlock Groves, and discussion of the history, flora, and fauna along the way
• • A lunch in the woods from Spillian’s chefs
Foraging for early spring herbs and wildflowers to spice up your dinner, including ramps or garlic mustard if they’re up!
• A chance to laze by the fire or on the porch for a bit before dinner, watching the sky change down the valley
• A trout feast, featuring local trout, your foraged sauce or garnish, roasted late winter vegetables, local greens, and Spillian’s famous white pine and bee pollen chocolate bark
• Storytelling of myths and legends of the Catskills and our yearning for wildness
Discover the poetics of angling
• A Spillian ‘Savory and Sweet’ breakfast featuring a breakfast salad made with farm-to-table greens, bacon, eggs, and more, along with a spectacular bread pudding with berries, fresh fruit, house made granola, yogurt, and local breads
• A wander into the magic of angling on the Esopus with Catskill Mountain Angler, Mark Loete to try your hand at fly fishing
• A gathering back at Spillian for a farewell Catskills Cider Mimosa toast
Fee includes all sessions including guided hiking, foraging, and fly fishing; all chef-made meals; Catskills ciders, beers and spirits tasting; and lodging at Spillian for one person. Evening cash bar, tax, and gratuities not included. Click here to learn more about our splendid guest rooms!
For One: $795
Per person, single room occupancy.
For a Couple: $1270.00
For the couple, double room occupancy.