Registration Required. $45 (materials included)
Whether you’re completely new to sewing, have never touched a sewing machine, or are coming back to it after a long absence, this class will give you the confidence to dust off your machine and get going! We’ll cover everything you need to know to get started on your sewing journey. Topics covered include:
- Sewing machine primer (threading, winding a bobbin, using the pedal, how to change presser feet and needles, adjusting the width and length of your stitches)
- straight and zigzag stitch
- reverse and locking stitches
- seams, and three ways to finish them
- pressing and why it’s the sewist’s best friend
- cutting out a basic pattern
- questions you may have about buying fabric
As well, we’ll be making a decorative pillow cover for you to take home!
You are welcome to use our sewing machines (Janome HD 5000) or bring your own; if you do chose to bring your own machine please bring the instruction manual with you.