This symposium is directed toward Sports Medicine Specialists and Allied Health Professionals involved in the care of extreme athletes. Orthopedic Surgeons, Primary Care Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Athletic Trainers, and anyone else interested in expanding their knowledge of athletic injuries in extreme sports are welcome to attend.
Upon completion of this conference, attendees will be able to:
- Implement appropriately paced treatment and rehabilitation into plan of care
- Develop treatment strategies that optimize outcomes for injured extreme athletes to include psychological and behavior considerations
- Identify the extreme athlete's unique perspective regarding risk perception and include measurable parameters to integrate athlete's participation with plan of care
- Analyze behavior characteristics, injury presentation of extreme athletes and facilitate integration of multi-specialty practitioner approach to address all concerns as needed
- Recognize differences between adult men and women versus youth extreme sports participants, and develop specialized injury management
Approved for 7.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ & 7.75 EBP CEU’s