Timothy R. Jennings, MD has been in private practice as a psychiatrist and certified master psychopharmacologist since 1997. Board certified in psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, he is a specialist in transcranial magnetic stimulation, a drug-free treatment for depression. Dr. Jennings is a Distinguished Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association, Fellow of the Southern Psychiatric Association, and past president of both the Tennessee and Southern Psychiatric Associations. He is a highly sought after lecturer and international speaker, and the author of The God-Shaped Brain: How Changing Your View of God Transforms Your Life. He is in private practice in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
FRIDAY 25 MAY 7:30pm
Session 1: The Mind – God’s Design & What Went Wrong
The human mind was designed with separate and distinct faculties to operate in a beautiful harmony. Something has damaged that balance and caused pain, suffering and illness. Discover God’s design for the mind, what went wrong and how to restore balance to your mind.
SATURDAY 26 MAY 9:45am
Session 2: The God-Shaped Brain: How Changing Your View of God Transforms Your Life
Our brains are in a constant state of flux. Moment by moment new connections are forming, idle tracks are being pruned back and brain circuits are changing. Discover how our beliefs change our brain wiring, our physical health, and even which genes are turned on or turned off. Do your beliefs matter – more than you ever knew!
• Identify the relationship between belief and physical and mental health.
• Examine the scientific evidence documenting how a change in belief can alter brain function resulting in a change in health.
• Formulate a methodology for separating healthy from unhealthy beliefs.
SATURDAY 26 MAY 11am
Session 3:Fix for Failing Families
God designed the family to be a haven of love, compassion, nurturance and support. Unfortunately, families are under attack, more than 50% of marriages end in divorce, in the U.S. almost 900,000 children are victims of abuse each year, and 77% of childhood deaths are caused by one or both parents. And what about religion? Studies indicate that the more religious a home the higher the likelihood of child abuse. Something is wrong. Come to this lecture and discover Godly principles to bring healing to your family.
· Describe factors which undermine family health
· Identify factors which promote family wellness
· Formulate interventions to resolve family conflict and restore healthy relationships
SATURDAY 26 MAY 3:30pm
Session 4: The Aging Brain – what happens to the brain as we age? Are we doomed to lose our memories and become senile? Are there choices we can make to protect our brain from the ravages of time? In this presentation we will examine the evidence-based lifestyle and non-phamracological interventions which will protect your brain and diminish your risk of dementia.
1. Identify risk factors that accelerate the aging process.
2. Differentiate normal aging from pathological aging (dementia).
3. Identify evidence based lifestyle factors and non-drug interventions that slow the aging process and prevent dementia.
- Could It Be This Simple? A Biblical Model for Healing the Mind
The God-Shaped Brain: How Changing Your View of God Transforms Your Life
- The Journal of the Watcher
- The Remedy New Testament Expanded Paraphrase
- The God-Shaped Heart: How Correctly Understanding God’s Love Transforms Us 2017
- The Aging Brain: Proven Steps to Prevent Dementia and Sharpen Your Mind (June 19, 2018, Baker Books)
His lectures and written material can be found at his website www.comeandreason.com