Sustainable Aromatherapy and Therapeutic Yoga Workshop
Just in Time to honor Earth Day!
WHEN: Sunday, April 15th, 1pm-3pm
WHERE: SunSpark Yoga
For centuries, aromatherapy has been used to enhance health and well-being. Modern research recognizes the benefits of aromatherapy for stress reduction, sleep and mood management, improved memory and cognition, as well as easing discomforts associated with anxiety and chronic pain.
Join SunSpark’s Certified Yoga Therapist and California Native Plants Education and Outreach Specialist, Melissa Adylia Calasanz C-IAYT, for an interactive Therapeutic Yoga journey, designed to indulge each of your six senses: Sight, Sound, Touch, Taste, Smell, and Awareness.
Last day to register is SAT, the 14th, by 12 noon.
2 HOUR WORKSHOP INCLUDES:
• Grounding Meditation
The Workshop will begin with an Opening Meditation with Sustainable Aromatic Bundles*, made with California Native Plants that are locally and ethically sourced; free of herbicides and pesticides, with consideration to all the living critters that enjoy what Mother Nature has to offer.
• Introduction to the Multi-Sensory, Therapeutic and Healing Benefits of Aromatic Native Plants and their Connection to Yoga Philosophy
• The Ethical Approach to Using Native Plants for Aromatherapy and Appreciating them in the Wild
• Incorporating Aromatic Native Plants into a Yoga and Meditation Practice
• An Interactive Journey through the Six Senses using Aromatic Plants. Enjoy being guided through subtle, therapeutic gestures, and gentle movements, supported by the integration of your breath and the beautiful Aromatic Native Plants
• Closing Therapeutic Meditation
• ComminiTEA Time
Stay, sit, sip, and mingle while enjoying tea made with California Native Plants such as White Sage and Mint, as well as tea made with Douglas Fir tips.
*EACH PARTICIPANT WILL RECEIVE:
• One, handmade, locally and ethically sourced, aromatic bundle to take home
• Handout with a list of each plant used in the Aromatic Bundles
• Handout of Aromatic plants that do well in the garden as well as in containers; including descriptions of each plant, their many uses, and where you can find them
• Plenty of informative handouts and other resources that showcase the many aromatic plants that support native butterflies, hummingbirds, bees, and other beneficial beautiful critters.
• Option to purchase any of the California Native Plants** on display during the workshop for $10 each (Cash Only) **Plants made available for purchase at the workshop thanks to the generous support of Tree of Life Nursery in San Juan Capistrano
• Information on how you can do your part to support California Native Plants with the California Native Plant Society (CNPS)
*NOTE: Please do not pick plants, flowers, or seeds in the wild. Countless critters rely on these plants for food and shelter; the drought, fires, and development has greatly diminished these plants in open spaces. :)
Message Melissa Adylia Calasanz Certified Yoga Therapist & Movement Educator directly here on FB for your code to save $5
LAST DAY TO REGISTER is SAT, the 14th, by 12 noon. Registration can be made on line or in person at SunSpark Yoga Studio. NO same day registration. Space is limited. Register Early.
PHOTO CREDIT: Melissa Adylia Calasanz Chez Calasanz
PLANTS PICTURED: Salvia apian (White Sage) Artemisia tridentata (Big Basin Sage)
#Yoga #Aromoatherpay #Mindfulness #CNPS #TheHelingGarden #OC #OrangeCounty #Restorative #MBSR #StressRelief #Sustainability #SacredSage #MelissaAdyliaCalasanz #SunSpark