This is a weekly class that runs Thursday mornings - 10.00 to 12.00 in 4 week terms (the next 4-week term runs 19th April, 26th April, 3rd May, 17th May)
These mixed-ability classes teach Silver Jewellery Making techniques. Suitable for all levels of experience, Beginners learn basic skills through ring, bracelet, necklace and earring projects designed to build core skills, whilst Improvers learn new techniques as they progress onto more intricate projects that they have selected themselves, under guidance from the tutor.
All classes are run in our well-equipped studio with a maximum of 4 students, ensuring you get plenty of tutor attention and make good progress during the session.
Techniques covered include but are not limited to:
- Working with Sterling Silver and its properties
- Piercing (Sawing)
- Soldering & Annealing
- Filing, Sanding & Polishing
- Adding interest with textures & patina's
- Bezel and tube stone setting
- Specialist techniques such as reticulation and granulation
- Tools and resources needed
- How to set up your home studio and much, much more...
The cost of this course does not include materials, the tutor will advise you regarding what is required to complete your project prior to the session.
- All tools and consumables are supplied
- Light refreshments are provided
- Participants need to bring a notebook and pen/pencil to the class.
- For safety reasons, at each session closed in shoes must be worn and long hair tied back.