This course focuses on understanding parenting during the teenage years.
There’s hardly a mum or dad on the face of the earth, who at times, is not overawed by the task of parenting. And for many parents the teenage years can be particularly challenging. The struggle is to understand and keep up with the physical and emotional changes their teenagers are going through.
We hope that through this course you’ll discover that you’re not on your own in some of the challenges that you face – other parents are in the same boat! And we hope you’ll realise that you’re already a fantastic mum or dad. Most of all, we hope you’ll be reminded that while being a parent has its fair share of difficulties at times, it is also one of the greatest jobs in the world!
Session 1: Understanding your teenager
Session 2: Staying connected
Session 3: Identity
Session 4: Communication and conflict
Session 5: Big pressures … good choices
Session 6: Letting go
• Beginning May 1st 2018.
• The course duration is 6 weeks 1 ½ hours every Tuesday at 7pm.
• Location is the FLC (Flexible Learning Centre) Taminmin School.
• There is no fee associated with the course.
• All materials will be provided for participants.
• Facilitators are Taminmin Well Being staff.
• Light refreshments will be served.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com