This 8-hour course will teach you how to help with pain and discomfort and movement restriction in a very simple way.
No previous experience is required as it is the introduction to the technique and will instruct you how to perform 11 releases.
Suitable for #therapists, #carers, #sportscoaches, #yoga or #pilates #teachers - in fact, anyone with a willing pair of hands and a thirst for learning something new.
The EMM-Tech Short Course teaches participants quick and effective way to elevate pain and improve the movement restrictions. After the short presentation, there is practical session when all participants will be closely supervised to gain practical skills.
It is the valuable addition to the toolkit of any therapist who works in the healthcare or personal trainers, yoga instructors, masseuses and bodyworkers.
CPD points may be available for this course but you will need to check with your professional body if this is important for you.
Emmett is a system of bodywork formulated by Ross Emmett, an extremely gifted and intuitive practitioner. Visit his Australian based websitewww.rossemmett.com.au or the UK site at www.emmett-uk.com for more information.
The course will provide you with tools to simply and effectively release tension and tightness in 11 key muscles.
The Emmett Releases taught on the course are:
* Sternocleidomastoid (SCM) to free up neck rotation problems.
* Pectoralis Minor used for shoulder problems, and difficulty reaching the arm behind the body.
* Biceps & AC - 2 moves to release the shoulder when there is a restriction on lifting the arm. An excellent tool to help with frozen shoulder and with any biceps strain.
* Forearm release will help improve grip strength. Can also help with elbow problems, and RSI
* Latissimus dorsi release. Frees up the arm lift where there is a “dragging” under the arm. Also great for addressing lower back tightness and pain.
* Diaphragm/Abdominal release – to open out the ribcage and help with breathing difficulties. Releases tight abdominal muscles and hunched over posture. Allows the client to breathe more easily and deeply.
* ITB release. Quicker and simpler and less painful than massage techniques!
* ITB/Sartorius where there is difficulty squatting and lack of strength in the legs
* Gastroc/ calf for tense tight and fluid-filled calves. Also assists balance.
* Foot Balance moves to assist balance and stability. So simple. So effective.
The results from these moves are usually immediate – you will be able to see and feel the changes for yourself and after only a short demonstration and practice you will be able to achieve the same kind of results for your own family/friends/clients.
The course investment is £100 and runs from 9.30am till 5.30pm. It includes a manual and a DVD in which Ross Emmett demonstrates each move, to help you refresh your memory.
NB. Places are limited and allocated on a 1st come, 1st served basis.