When the gallery lights go down, the party lights go up for Art After Hours, Baltimore's Best Art Party!
The BMA’s next Art After Hours is inspired by four amazing exhibitions: iridescent spheres and spider webs in Tomás Saraceno: Entangled Orbits; colorful, swirling collages in Spiral Play: Loving in the ‘80s; digitally produced textiles and sculptures in Annet Couwenberg: From Digital to Damask; and the intense, immersive environment of Phaan Howng: The Succession of Nature.
Admission includes after-hours access to the galleries, entertainment, and a free ticket for food or drink—plus opportunities for guests to collaborate and create their own mini-masterpieces to take home.
Join us to:
• Build a giant inflatable futurist sculpture with architecture students from Maryland Institute College of Art and Morgan State University
• Make a wearable rope spiral with Clare Nichols
• Watch a performance by Baltimore-based artist Phaan Howng in the immersive environment she created with unnatural colors inspired by toxic waste
• Chat with artist Annet Couwenberg about her new work inspired by the biology of fish and her passion for digital and traditional fabrication processes
• Browse a carnivorous plant demo and sale with the Mid-Atlantic Carnivorous Plant Society
• Make a miniature laser-cut sculpture with Open Works
• Enjoy music by DJ Dubble8 and drinks and light bites by City Seeds
Tickets are $25 general admission and $20 for BMA Members.