Ian Green was born and raised in Niagara Falls, Ontario. Playing piano since he was 5 years old, Ian enjoys playing all styles of music including: jazz, classical, pop, ragtime, blues, and freely improvised music. A graduate of Queen’s University (BMus, 2006) and the Royal Conservatory of Music at Toronto (A.R.C.T., 2006), Ian maintains a thriving music studio teach piano lessons, music
rudiments, history, and theory at all levels of the curriculum for the Royal Conservatory of Music.
In addition to teaching piano and theory lessons to students of all ages, Ian has been very busy wearing many hats in the music industry and music community including:
- working as Music Director and organist at local churches.
- writing music for various composition projects with Canadian music publishing companies.
- writing music for advertising contracts in North America.
- working as a busy music festival adjudicator, having adjudicated the piano classes for all performance levels
- was co-ordinator of two concert series in the local area: Live Chamber Music Series (Dundas, Ontario) and Ryerson Community Concert Series (Ancaster, Ontario).
- has released two studio albums of solo piano music for worldwide distribution (Starlight, 2015 and Improvisations, 2016)
Ian is a member of the College of Examiners with the Royal Conservatory of Music, is a member of the Ontario Registered Music Teachers’ Association, the Canadian Fedoration of Music Teacher Associations, SOCAN, the Royal Canadian College of Organists, and the Canadian Music Festival Adjudicators Association.
He is an active volunteer and supporter of great music in the local community and is a loyal patron to the arts and believes in the strong spiritual and social values that are offered through all performance art.