MtG: Dominaria Prerelease Weekend!
Events run from Friday, April 20th to Sunday, April 22nd!
We will be running five sealed events and one 2-Headed Giant event throughout the weekend.
You can join us for as many as you'd like!
We -->HIGHLY<-- recommend that you pre-register for this event.
Pre-registering locks your spot for the event (we often run out of physical space and/or product) and helps us allocate our judge staff to make sure the events run as smooth as possible. Also, you save a little on your entry fee! Details below
You can pre-register online or in-store (details below)
Our prerelease flights are:
- Friday, April 20th @ Midnight (Registration from 11pm to Midnight) (Sealed)
- Saturday, April 21st @ Noon (Registration from 11am to Noon) (Sealed)
- Saturday, April 21st @ 6pm (Registration from 5pm to 6pm) (Sealed)
- Sunday, April 22nd @ Noon (Registration from 11am to Noon) (Sealed)
- Sunday, April 22nd @ 6pm (Registration from 11am to Noon) (Sealed)
- Sunday, April 22nd @ 11am (Registration from 10am to 11am) (2-Headed Giant)
- Pre-reg price: $35 taxes included per player per event
- Pre-reg price applies to players that preregistered online or in-store BEFORE 11:59pm on Thursday, April 19th.
- At-the-door or preregistration after 11:59pm on Thursday, April 19th: $37.50 taxes included per player per event.
- Each player will receive an Dominaria prerelease kit.
- Each prerelease kit contains six Dominaria booster packs and a random rare or mythic rare promo card from Dominaria.
- Using the contents of this kit and basic lands that the store provides, players must construct a 40-card minimum deck to play in the tournament.
- For 2-Headed Giant, teams use the contents both team members' kits to build two 40-card minimum decks to play in the tournament.
- Players/teams play in a 4-round swiss-style tournament.
- Prizes will be based off swiss record. Winning records get prizes (2 wins, 1 loss, & 1 draw or better)
- Packs and Vouchers will be awarded based on record (approximately 2 packs and 1 voucher per player in the prize pool)
- Vouchers can be redeemed 1-for-1 for booster packs upon the release of Dominaria on or after its release on Friday, April 27th
- Players/teams with winning records receive prizes!
- Prizes for best 2-Headed Giant team name! (be creative, on-theme with the set, and respectful!)
- Door prizes at each event!
- Prereg online or in-store!
- Online preregistration closes Thursday, April 19th @ 11:59 pm!
- When preregistering, please select which events you would like to play in. You can play in any number of events.
- If you would like to play in one or more of our prerelease events, but cannot commit to a particular event (because of work schedule, etc.), please contact us at email@example.com and we will do our best to accommodate you.
- NOTE: The 2-Headed Giant event will not conclude before the Sunday @ Noon event starts. If you want to play in the 2-Headed Giant event and the Saturday @ Noon event, you will need to drop out of the 2-Headed Giant Event before the Noon event starts.
- Our online pre-registration form can be found here:
- Any player may participate in Open Dueling, even if you are not playing in a pre-release flight.
- Price: $20 taxes included
- Each player receives a Dominaria Planeswalker Deck that they can use to play against other players participating in Open Dueling or against player's sealed decks from the prerelease event.
- Each player also receives an additional booster pack just for participating!
- A limited number of Planeswalker Decks will be made available at each pre-release event.
- We highly recommend that you transit to our events, we are across the street from the Renfrew Skytrain Station.
- If you choose to drive, please follow the parking instructions below to avoid being towed/ticketed/yelled at by our neighbors.
- There are two parking spots directly in front of the store.
- The CIBC bank behind the building is now CLOSED, feel free to park in the lot behind the store.
- DO NOT park in the Sleep Country Parking Lot
- DO NOT park on Renfrew anywhere other than directly in front of the store.
- If there is not parking in front or back of the store, park on the side streets on E 14th Ave., E 15th Ave., or E 16th Ave.