Meets EveryThursday - 7pm-9pm
Children of the Wilderness is a safe, community space for free spirited folks in recovery. Sponsored and run by Recovery Allies, Children of the Wilderness is a peer lead alternative and supplement to step based addiction recovery. We understand that recovery access and addiction is complicated by and interconnected with racism, sexism, heterosexism, classism, ageism, ableism, isolationism, xenophobia and other forms of oppression.
We are committed to removing these barriers within and thru our work. With a dedication to creating a safe community space, we ask that you arrive with an openness to the above declaration and a commitment to co-creating a safe space for all marginalized members of our community.
This group is welcome to everyone working thru addiction recovery, whether you are currently working a program or not. We ask that you come committed to your recovery journey and we offer ample resources regardless of where you are in your recovery process.
Children of the Wilderness is a place to learn and share techniques of empowering your journey on the recovery path. We offer support, understanding, and compassionate accountability to all children of the wild.
We will meet every Thursday from 7pm - 9pm, feel free to arrive as early as 6:45 to settle in. We will also provide space following each meeting for community development. Tea and water will be provided, feel free to bring a simple snack to share.
Meetings will rotate thru the following objectives:
- Intention setting to guide our recovery on a monthly cycle
- Group process work
- Speaker meetings and reflections
- Teaching of techniques you can use at home to support your recovery work
Each meeting will:
- Begin with intention setting
- Reading of our community code of conduct and recovery amble
- Setting the tone of the meeting
- Conducting of that weeks objective
- Reflection and sharing
- Peer Support Assignments (PSA is an alternative and supplement to recovery sponsorship. PSAs will rotate.)
- Set weekly goals and close meeting
These meetings are offered on a donation basis, no one will be turned away for lack of funds. Donation suggestion $5-$20 weekly, this will help to cover rent for space and supplies used. We are honored to walk this path with you.