#event How do we translate the full potential of minerals and metals mining to benefit the economies, improve the lives of people and respect the environments of producing countries, particularly in some of the world’s poorest regions? How well, or badly, are mining companies currently performing on economic development, environmental, social and governance issues? This event presents and debates the findings of the first Responsible Mining Index, which assesses the policies and practices of 30 large-scale mining companies.
- Gilles Carbonnier, Professor of Development Economics, The Graduate Institute, Geneva
- Marie-Gabrielle Ineichen-Fleisch, Secretary of State for Economic Affairs for the Government of Switzerland
- HRH Prince Jaime de Bourbon de Parme, The Netherlands Ambassador to the Vatican
Presentation of the 2018 Responsible Mining Index:
- Hélène Piaget, CEO of the Responsible Mining Foundation
Panel discussion including:
- Sheila Khama, Lead Mining Specialist, World Bank
- Jonas Moberg, Executive Director, EITI (Extractives Industry Transparency Initiative)
- Elisa Peter, Executive Director, Publish What You Pay
An aperitif will be served before the event at 17:45.
Organised in partnership with the Responsible Mining Foundation
Auditorium Ivan Pictet
Maison de la paix, Geneva
Free entrance - Registration required.