Third time may be a charm as we bring out Nerd Trivia to The House of Brews beginning in March. We are back to 3rd Tuesdays of the month only with a later start time to get in and get settled. This venue hosts over 60 beers on draft, a great appetizer selection including a 1lb soft pretzel, pool tables, darts and more. Come for the trivia and stay for the all ages friendly atmosphere. Being in a more central location to Stuart and PSL as well as a large venue and a casual atmosphere, we believe this will be a great new home for us to finally grow our Nerd Trivia brand.
GAME BEGINS AT 7pm SHARP!
What is Nerd Trivia and how is it different than your typical bar trivia? There are some pretty key differences, so please read carefully so your expectations are set before arriving.
1) ALL PARTICIPANTS ARE SAT RANDOMLY! Coming in as a trivia group, great, but everyone will be split randomly. This encourages healthy conversation and socializing with some great people you may have not spoken to otherwise. It promotes healthy competition, fairness and also allows those single players to not feel left out looking for acceptance. With everyone being sat randomly, no one is picked last!
2) The questions are all based on a single pop culture topic and divided into six categories. We have touched on Disney, Nintendo, and others and plan on many many more. Each category has 6 questions and after three rounds, there will be an intermission break. All questions are unique and not populated from online trivia generators. They vary in difficulty and will be displayed through a PowerPoint presentation to add visual and audio dynamics.
3) Scoring is a little different as well due to the host having a terrible time keeping up with a boring scoreboard. Instead, tokens unique to each theme will be provided. Spiders were used for Terror Trivia, aliens for Outer Space and so on. Each team who answers correctly will receive a token on their table. The team with the most at the end of all 30 questions wins!
4) We also encourage cosplay or dressing for the occasion so we have a Best Dressed trophy that is also unique for each theme. During intermission, everyone is encouraged to vote via a ballot box for the best dressed participant and the winner will be announced at the end of the trivia session.
5) Once the questions have all been answered and the tokens have been tallied, we announce the Best Dressed award as well as the winning team. A team who worked together for the first time and achieved victory! The team shares the prize and the prize is TBD based on local donations, however the purpose of the prize is to continue communication with your teammates and to use your prize together in a group outing.
For this event we touch on all things Dragonball. From the original series to the current saga in Super as well as Abridged. 30 questions divided into 6 categories all on a PowerPoint presentation and token score keeping. Which newly formed team will win? What cute point token will you be taking home? Grab that Nimbus cloud, watch your Crunchyroll and YouTube and come find out for yourself!
RSVP here on this event and invite your friends because you haven't experienced a trivia night until you have been to once presented by the Treasure Coast Cosplayers!