Four people told us they could not make auditions last time. They are showing up Monday, April 9, @ 7pm... You Can Too!
BYE, BYE, BIRDIE
Book by Michael Stewart,
Music by Charles Strouse, Lyrics by Lee Adams
Performance dates June 8, 9, 10 & 15, 16, 17
Director: Liane Nichols, Musical Director: Leonard Upham
Choreographer: Christine Dornbusch
Auditions: Monday, April 9, at 7pm
Rehearsals start the last week in April
VERY IMPORTANT: BRING CALENDARS to NOTE CONFLICTS
Auditions will be read from sides, excerpts from the script.
Come with a song prepared and music for an accompanist to play.
CFCT’s pianist will be available. Most roles involve singing, but not necessarily solo singing. Be ready to “sell” your song.
Wear comfortable clothing – you may be asked to learn a dance combination. Dance training is helpful, but not necessary.
If you are unable to make it, contact the director at 266-2376.
Go online to read the summary of the story line and the history of this madcap musical.
Call the theatre for any further information at 277-5283.
CAST OF CHARACTERS
• Albert Peterson: Conrad Birdie's manager, who formerly aspired to be an English teacher
• Rose "Rosie" Alvarez: Albert's secretary and long-suffering girlfriend
• Kim MacAfee: A teenage girl from Sweet Apple, who is chosen to receive the "one last kiss" from Conrad Birdie
• Conrad Birdie: A 1950s rock and roll star inspired by Elvis Presley
• Randolph MacAfee: Kim's well-behaved younger brother
• Mr. MacAfee: Kim and Randolph's befuddled and bad-tempered father
• Mrs. MacAfee: Kim and Randolph's mother
• Mae Peterson: Albert's overbearing, prejudiced mother
• Hugo Peabody: Kim's boyfriend or "steady", who is jealous of Conrad
• Ursula Merkle: Kim's hyperactive best friend, a Conrad Birdie enthusiast
• Gloria Rasputin: A curvaceous tap dancer who hopes to be Albert's new secretary, whom Mae brings to Albert, hoping he will choose her over Rosie
• Helen, Alice, Deborah Sue, Nancy, Penelope, Suzie, Margie: Sweet Apple teenagers who are friends of Kim's, and Conrad Birdie enthusiasts; they perform solos in "Telephone Hour"
• Harvey Johnson: A nerdy teenage boy who performs a few parts in "Telephone Hour"
• Fred and Karl: Sweet Apple teenagers plus other boys in the Teen Chorus
• Maude: Owner of Maude's Roadside Retreat, second tenor in male quartet, and member of the adult ensemble
• Mrs. Merkle: Ursula's mother
• Mr. Johnson: Harvey's father
• The Mayor: The mayor of Sweet Apple
• The Mayor's Wife (Edna): The repressed wife of the mayor; she comedically faints multiple times during Conrad Birdie's performance of "Honestly Sincere"
• Dishwasher/Bar Patrons: Three members of the quartet, with Maude; they perform solos in "Baby, Talk to Me"
• Citizens, Reporters, Policemen