The Functional Anatomy course is part of the Comprehensive program, and fully prepares students for that program. Additionally it can serve as a refresher or for anyone needing to fulfill the anatomy prerequisite for the Intensive program.
The classroom-style presentation utilizes visual aids and hands-on techniques providing students with a thorough review of anatomy basics which can be applied to all repertoire, as well as functional activities and movement.
This course uses lectures, demonstrations and group activities to teach basic anatomy fundamentals. There is a focus on anatomical terminology, which includes anatomical position, planes of motion, types of movement, names and locations of the majority of the bones in the body, locations and actions of joints, major muscle groups and the individual muscles’ origin insertion and action. Select exercises from the STOTT PILATES® repertoire are also broken down and analyzed in terms of the functional anatomy at play. Participants will deepen their understanding of the body and enhance their teaching with improved exercise selection and programming.
What you will learn:
- Anatomical position and the importance of it
- The bones that make up the axial and appendicular skeleton
- Names and locations of bony prominences and landmarks
- Terms of direction and relationship and their application to movement
- Types of joints and the movements available at the joints
- Types of muscular contractions including the application of force
- Origin, insertion and action of muscles
- Application of functional anatomy to chosen exercises and movements
There is no prerequisite for this course.
Continuing education credits
STOTT PILATES 3.0
- Trail Guide to the Body, Andrew Biel
- Anatomy Flash Cards, Anne Gilroy
- Atlas of Anatomy, Gilroy, MacPherson, Ross
- Anatomy of Movement, Blandine Germain
- Muscular System Flash Pak, Bryan Edwards
Day off 4th-5th August 2018
Course fee : 24,750 ฿
Please register and make 20% deposit (4,950 ฿) before 20th July 2018
Download application here and email me at Thepilatest@gmail.com