We are going to join the maker group long weekend at the S.A.C.
A/B Antweight Leagues only
Everyone is welcome to come and either compete or spectate. Competitors bring their own robots,
Time: Registration is strictly from 2.00pm to 2.45pm. Tournaments
will start at 3pm.
Weight Classes: 150 gram Antweight (not enforcing the 4x4x4 inch UK size rule).
Following the SPARC rulesets. http://sparc.tools/ and our modified ruleset will be in the groups file section soon.
Register when you arrive on the day. You will need to provide your name, your robot's name(s) and have it inspected and weighed in. First come, first served
- $10 to register any number of Antweight robots in any tournament per roboteer.*
we will have a no obligation Donation Box at the event for those who wishes to help the event*
*This goes towards our running venue costs and towards improving our event and adding equipment (arena upgrades!!!).
This month's tournaments:
>> Antweight A League - The usual Antweight tournament that we run every month. Every competitor will be divided up into round robin tournaments, with the top two from each fighting it out at the end!
>> Antweight B League - A special class for non-destructive Antweight robots only. Perfect for beginners wanting to trial their new creations in the arena. Every competitor will be placed in either a round robin or single elimination tournament, depending on numbers.
- Antweight robots may be required to be inspected and tested in the arena. This will occur before the tournament starts.
- The tournament will kick off at 3pm. Everyone will be divided up into round robin tournaments and the top fighters in each group will fight it out to determine who takes home the trophies.
- BYO drinks. No alcohol please.
Important points for bot builders to remember:
- NO SWITCHING ANY ROBOT ON OUTSIDE OF THE ARENAS OR TEST BOXES.
- You will be assigned an area to work on your bot. Strictly one roboteer to a table space. Any friends and family will have to either stand nearby or sit in the spectator area.
- Roboteers who are under 16 must have a parent or guardian with them in the pit area. A second table space will be assigned to the parent/guardian.
- Bring tools! Most robot fighters bring their own equipment and are usually happy to share but this isn't a guarantee.
- Make sure your bot has an indication light to show when it's switched on.
- Sharp edges and surfaces must be covered when not in the arena. These coverings must be a bright visible colour.
- You must have a mechanical locking mechanism for bots with dangerous weapons. This locking device must be a bright visible colour.
- Bring a mounting block of some sort to keep your bot raised up off your work space when not in use.
- If you have a custom control system (ie. Arduino RF or Wifi) you may be required to do some testing in the arena to make sure your system doesn't affect other competitors or they you.
- Only charge batteries on the designated charging table. A LiPo safe bag must be used whilst charging.